Unproductive meetings waste more than 37 billion dollars per year. The best thing you can do to improve the quality of your meetings right now is to have an agenda that everyone has access to before your meeting. And no, an agenda that’s emailed 10 minutes before your meeting does not count. Here are 3 agenda templates for recurring weekly meetings that are likely already in your calendar.
Peer to peer meeting template
Use this weekly meeting agenda template for meetings between two people (cross-departmental or within the same department) who do not report to each other.
Goal of the meeting: Knowledge sharing, project collaboration
- What are you working on?
- Is my team preventing you from getting work completed in any way?
- What’s something we should start doing?
- What’s something we should stop doing?
One-on-one meeting template
Use this weekly meeting agenda template for meetings between managers and their individual direct reports.
Goal of the meeting: Employee development
- What has been the highlight and lowlight of your past week?
- Goals – how are you tracking this past week? Any blockers I can help remove?
- What, if anything, feels harder than it should be in your day to day work?
- If there was one thing I could do differently to help you more, what would it be?
- On a scale of 1-10 how happy are you with your work-life balance? How can we get closer to 10?
Team meeting template
Use this weekly meeting agenda template for people who typically work in the same department or cross-functional on the same projects.
- 💃What went well?
- 💩 What could have gone better?
- 🙄 Anything feel more difficult than it should?
- 🐌 Do we have any blockers?
- 🤔 From 1-10 how was your week overall?
- 🎧 What’s your song recommendation for the week?
Goal of the meeting: Organize work and keep the team on track to achieve goals.
Of course, each template will be adjusted for your unique team, department and business but these will help you get started. Browse more weekly, monthly and one-off meeting agenda templates.